Amarbayasgalant Monastery was built during 1727-1736, in the honor of Under Gegeen Zanabazar, the first Bogd of Mongolia. It is situated in a deep valley near Burenkhan Mountain. The valley is well-watered by the Evin River and has long been renown for its rich vegetation in north central Asia. Originally, Amarbayasgalant monastery consisted of over 40 temples on the special terrace, surrounded by a wall, measuring 207x175 m. Only 28 temples are remained now and they have been under State protection since 1944. The monastery has a symmetrical construction. The size of its Tsogchin (Main) temple is 32x32 m. Its construction expresses the planning features of the Mongolian national architecture and engineering solutions are very original. One of the interesting solution is routing of roof water through the inside of four columns, under the floor, through stone grooves and away from the Tsogchin temple. It is located 360 km to the north of Ulaanbaatar and considered to be one of the most famous cultural site.